Skip to main content

wedding wednesday: wedding cake & pre bridal shower

I forgot to share photos when we chose our cake and design. This was last year! Sorry! If you're curious of the photo filter/pixels, I have joined Instagram! These cake photos are from my maid of honor's instagram (check her out here) and pre shower photos from my instagram (here). Feel free to follow!
 
Just in case links don't work, our instagram is: (serena) serenakayy/ (me) davongmarie (my fiancee Souwan also has instagram) klumzieboy256
Go follow us for more prewedding/wedding photos! Or follow our hashtag, it is #sousawedding.
 
We chose our cake from Karen Pharr of Karen's Cakes and Cafe Pharr. You can check out her facebook page to see her awesome baking/designs. She also has a restaurant. A really cool place.
 
cake1
 
Karen showed me different types of cakes she could bake.
 
cake2
 
The chocolate was the best, but they were all delicious!
 
cake3
 
I'm getting very excited for my Kentucky Derby themed bridal shower. My fiance's coworker/friend sent us some hats to try. She has hundreds, and i'm so obsessed with them! Thanks so much Mia! Can't wait to see everyone and their best derby attire. Amazingly, the derby is on the same day as the shower. I'm excited to see all the race festivities!
 
hat1
 
 
hat2

Comments

  1. Love your pictures. A Kentucky Derby themed bridal shower sounds like such a fun and unique idea.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for the shower! I will for sure have pictures up!!

      Delete
  2. The cake look so delicious!!! Love all those hats too!
    Thanks for visiting my blog dear.
    Don't forget to follow too if you like! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG
    Bloglovin' | Google Plus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bhushavali N! The cake were so tasty. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.