Skip to main content

Kiengkham's Korner: we're starting a vegetable garden

I joined my husband and his co-workers to fundraise for the American Cancer Society. I gave a photography basket away (a free photo session and photo frames). Congrats to our winner! Souwan and I also joined in the basket contest. I am excited we won the movie Frozen basket! I just adore that movie so much!
1606copy 1605copy image

I found five of these guys around the yard. Kind of funny they were in our yard before Easter! You think they are friends of the Easter bunny? LOL

1529copy 1532copy 1533copy

Our Easter was very fun filled. We went to church and had breakfast with our friends. Best breakfast in town on Easter! I made muffins for breakfast and gave some to my husband's co-workers. I love blueberry muffins! I got some beautiful Easter Lilies to bring home to my grandmas, mom's, and for my house.

1538copy 1543copy 1554copy 1558copy 1566copy 1550copy 1582copy

We have new plants in our yard. I told my husband we are going to have a botanical garden soon! Souwan and I planted more petunias. New to the yard are gladiolus and hydrangeas. Our lilies are starting to bloom and our pink azaleas have bloomed. I will try to take more photos, but here is our pink azaleas this past week. I hope to get the lilies soon!

1601copy 1602copy

I have started running again. I love to run, but it has been awhile! Hard to believe I did this 4 times a week before my wedding. I am trying to get a consistent routine going. I'm glad my husband has been running with me and keeping me motivated! We have been running in our neighborhood and I have really enjoyed it.

image


Our first vegetable garden is coming soon. Souwan and I have already got a few vegetable plants ready to go. We opted not to start from seed and start our garden with small plants. We are hoping to get cilantro, green onions, chili peppers and watermelon plants at our local garden store soon. Here we have tomato, squash, jalapeno, bell pepper, Thai basil, cucumber, and zucchini. I am very excited to grow these vegetables! I can't wait to make homemade tomato sauce and salsa. I believe this will save us money too! The squash and zucchini are super performers and will be great in our stir fry.
1618copy 1616copy 1615copy 1613copy 1612copy 1611copy 1610copy

And my mom's dog Mia wanted to say hello! haha!

image




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.