Skip to main content

katana a japanese fusion restaurant

I have been wanting a good sushi place to enjoy since moving back home. In college my friends and I had so many lunches and dinners at Rusan's {a sushi place in Charlotte, NC}. The best sushi in Charlotte, NC!! Also it was very affordable for a broke college student. $1 sushi rolls! Can you beat that?! In my hometown they have opened a Japanese fusion place. The sushi bar is all that matters to me. This made me so happy. On Friday, Souwan and I tried it on opening weekend. The place was very packed with people. Maybe not a wise choice. After sitting at the sushi bar, we ordered Katana's chicken. Katana's chicken is like terriyaki chicken, but instead with Katana's sauce. They did have regular terriyaki too. We wanted to try something new. I thought the chicken had good flavor and it came out promptly.

Souwan and I also ordered sushi. The sushi rolls we tried: mango, kiddie {just cream cheese}, California, & Philly. The menu for sushi was very basic and not original. I was disappointed in that. The cook took longer than normal to prepare the sushi {compared to other places}. While eating the sushi, the cook brought out more to us. He informed us of an error making the sushi. To me there were no errors. Everything was delicious. The cook was very polite to bring more. We had a massive amount of sushi left and had to take it home.

Overall the food was great. I'm very happy to have a sushi place!! On a negative note the service was not as swift, but it WAS opening night - all is forgiven. Ha! I look forward to trying it again.


After dinner my mom, Souwan, and I went out for a late movie-Bridesmaids. I believed it would be like The Hangover, but it was not at all. The movie involved two girls who grew up together. One is getting married while the other is the Maid of Honor. The m.o.h is overwhelmed with duties and her life has hit rock bottom. On top of that, the m.o.h has another bridesmaid wanting to replace her at any cost- even drugging the m.o.h. All the bridesmaids are a trip and nuts. It is hysterical and a must see. We laughed non stop. Check out the trailer here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.