Skip to main content

familar faces + chignon hair do





I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence at something that happened yesterday. -unknown


WTF right? Ha! I'm goofy.


Dress: Express
Jewlery: Claire's & Gift
For a past wedding I styled my hair in a high bun aka chignon. It was the easiest and glamorous look for a wedding that I could do without the help of a hair master. Ha! I also wear this style to work because it's chic and fast! You may have seen it before on other celebs. That is where I got the inspiration from! From Lauren Conrad (The Hills) to Shay Mitchell (Pretty Little Liars) have worn this hairstyle.

How To- Chignon hair:

1. Put your hair up in a high ponytail. Make sure you smooth all the bumps thru your hair.
2. Tease your ponytail.
3. Twist your ponytail and then wrap it in a loose circular bun. It's the same as putting your hair in a bun, but the trick is to make it loose instead of tight.
4. Pin it down to secure. And that is it! Go out in style ladies.

When I was looking at these pics there was a nostalgic moment. I have the same smile from when I was 16. How do I see this?

Meet the 16 year old me....and the now picture. I am amused by this. So don't burst my bubble. 



This 16 year old me was naive. She thought there was a modeling career ahead, but oh so wrong! Of course not too naive. I knew it would never be in runway, but possibly a tiny hope for commercial print. This 16 year old never made it into magazines. BUT...I had a great opportunity to model at a Estee Lauder Christmas show! That memory will last me a lifetime. It was not a total waste of my energy. The now me is working at a financial firm and wouldn't trade it up for photo shoots, red eye flights, and living in hotels. Well...maybe for a week. Ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week! 

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.