Skip to main content

not a justin beiber fan







We celebrated Malee's (Emmie's) 9th birthday this past weekend. I find it more difficult to shop as they get older. We just went out and bought her clothes. I think she might be at that age where fashion matters? My mom bought her Justin Beiber gear. Malee says she's not a fan. We were dumbfounded. A girl who isn't fond of JB??! OMG! I found a great summer outfit and it was pink. I hope pink works for her. At that age it was blue for me. Yep BLUE! I grew up with boys, so I was a bit of a tom boy. Who would have thought Lisa? A tom boy? I liked basketball and soccer and I played against-boys! One time my cousin kicked the soccer ball into my face. A girl would cry, right? No. I chased him around the yard for a minute until one of the other boys held me back to stop me. I was stubborn too. He was the cousin that I always got into fights with. And I'm talking pushing and shoving.  But we love eachother-it was a love/ hate type of thing. Thanks to my mom and dance I found a girly side and it stuck with me. My mom wasn't a fan of contact sports. And any chance she had to put me into a puffy, frilly dress -she did it. My dad wanted me to be a boy, so he was thrilled that I liked basketball and soccer.

Haha! Take a look at this outfit! Wierd? Cute?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.