Skip to main content

cherry blossoms and friends











It was a beautiful day in DC at Franklin Roosevelt Memorial. The cherry blossoms were magnificent and we got a glimpse of the President's helicopter. Our old friends came to have dinner with us. We picked up right where we left off like old friends should. I even met a new friend who I have a girl crush on now! The boyfriend and I thank you all for coming to spend time with us!

Now for awkward and awesome Monday!!

That awkward moment:

-having no place to sit. find one. man takes it. I'm left standing there with no seat now.
-after walking 4 miles in 85 degree weather (soaked with sweat) then meeting someone for the first time. "I'm sorry to meet you like this, but I hope you like me" Ha!
-when you are shopping and looking at something. turn around. your group is no where in sight. oh shoot!
- when you sing the wrong part of a song with confidence
- the creepy dude's voice over the intercom at the metro station. why can we not get a cheerful lady to greet us?!
-when your German friend can read a map of Washington DC better than you.

Awesome:

-metro stations in DC are way better than driving in DC. #lesson learned
-pedicabs rather walking in 85 degree weather
- having pho (vietnamese noodle soup) in the food court. Best. Thing. EVER.
-rainboots saved me from walking in the terrible rainy weather
-visiting Jacqueline Kennedy's burial site. she is one of my icons!
-change of guard at Arlington Cemetery
-my Washington baseball player from build a bear
-legendary burger from Hard Rock
-National Archives and Hirshorn museums

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.