Skip to main content

cherry blossoms and friends











It was a beautiful day in DC at Franklin Roosevelt Memorial. The cherry blossoms were magnificent and we got a glimpse of the President's helicopter. Our old friends came to have dinner with us. We picked up right where we left off like old friends should. I even met a new friend who I have a girl crush on now! The boyfriend and I thank you all for coming to spend time with us!

Now for awkward and awesome Monday!!

That awkward moment:

-having no place to sit. find one. man takes it. I'm left standing there with no seat now.
-after walking 4 miles in 85 degree weather (soaked with sweat) then meeting someone for the first time. "I'm sorry to meet you like this, but I hope you like me" Ha!
-when you are shopping and looking at something. turn around. your group is no where in sight. oh shoot!
- when you sing the wrong part of a song with confidence
- the creepy dude's voice over the intercom at the metro station. why can we not get a cheerful lady to greet us?!
-when your German friend can read a map of Washington DC better than you.

Awesome:

-metro stations in DC are way better than driving in DC. #lesson learned
-pedicabs rather walking in 85 degree weather
- having pho (vietnamese noodle soup) in the food court. Best. Thing. EVER.
-rainboots saved me from walking in the terrible rainy weather
-visiting Jacqueline Kennedy's burial site. she is one of my icons!
-change of guard at Arlington Cemetery
-my Washington baseball player from build a bear
-legendary burger from Hard Rock
-National Archives and Hirshorn museums

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week! 

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.