Skip to main content

kiengkham's korner: paradise ice

Our friend Allison took us to one of her favorite spots for Ice cream. I enjoyed this little paradise and the tropical treats were delicious. I had the pina colada paradise ice and it was perfect for the humid day. The atmosphere is very tropical and can definitely take you away for a bit.
 
DSC_0291 copy DSC_0295 copy DSC_0289 copy DSC_0287 copy DSC_0290 copy DSC_0292 copy DSC_0294 copy
My husband, friend and I had a day of arts and crafts. We went to the thrift store and dollar store to pick up pieces for our projects. Allison and I made a jewelry stand using plates, candle sticks, wine glasses, stickers and paint. My husband Souwan made a drink holder using old wood holder with a sand dollar and some paint. It was so much fun using our creative side to create these fun projects. Since it was summer we decided to go with a beach theme. Souwan's project is not finished yet, but i'll post a final photo when it is done.
 
DSC_0231 copy
DSC_0232 copy DSC_0237 copy DSC_0242 copy DSC_0244 copy
 
I'm very excited to share more of our couponing pile. I have been behind on posting for the past two weeks. We are couponing our way to a heat pump (fall purchase) and another trip to Disney World in (winter 2015)!
 
For these two hauls: Before total was $61.72 and after coupons was $18.77. 70% savings!!
 
DSC_0249 copy DSC_0301 copy
First home moment! Our hall lights and upstairs hall lights decided to quit working a couple of weeks ago. Also, our ice maker quit at the same time! We had a repairman come out for the ice maker. Thankfully it was under warranty! Souwan tried changed the light bulbs and looked at the fuse, but nothing. We were about to give up and call a handy man, however my husband took a couple of hours to work on it and we had light again! I couldn't explain what he did, but i'm glad we didn't have to call anyone.
 
DSC_0298 copy
 
I visited with my mom after church Sunday and she packed us lots of treats to go home with. Souwan and I love these Lychee candy and London rolls. She also gave us mangos and her home made coconut rice. It has been too long since we had these delicious treats!
 
DSC_0300 copy
 
That's what we have been up to! Thank you for reading friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!