Skip to main content

kiengkham's korner: paradise ice

Our friend Allison took us to one of her favorite spots for Ice cream. I enjoyed this little paradise and the tropical treats were delicious. I had the pina colada paradise ice and it was perfect for the humid day. The atmosphere is very tropical and can definitely take you away for a bit.
 
DSC_0291 copy DSC_0295 copy DSC_0289 copy DSC_0287 copy DSC_0290 copy DSC_0292 copy DSC_0294 copy
My husband, friend and I had a day of arts and crafts. We went to the thrift store and dollar store to pick up pieces for our projects. Allison and I made a jewelry stand using plates, candle sticks, wine glasses, stickers and paint. My husband Souwan made a drink holder using old wood holder with a sand dollar and some paint. It was so much fun using our creative side to create these fun projects. Since it was summer we decided to go with a beach theme. Souwan's project is not finished yet, but i'll post a final photo when it is done.
 
DSC_0231 copy
DSC_0232 copy DSC_0237 copy DSC_0242 copy DSC_0244 copy
 
I'm very excited to share more of our couponing pile. I have been behind on posting for the past two weeks. We are couponing our way to a heat pump (fall purchase) and another trip to Disney World in (winter 2015)!
 
For these two hauls: Before total was $61.72 and after coupons was $18.77. 70% savings!!
 
DSC_0249 copy DSC_0301 copy
First home moment! Our hall lights and upstairs hall lights decided to quit working a couple of weeks ago. Also, our ice maker quit at the same time! We had a repairman come out for the ice maker. Thankfully it was under warranty! Souwan tried changed the light bulbs and looked at the fuse, but nothing. We were about to give up and call a handy man, however my husband took a couple of hours to work on it and we had light again! I couldn't explain what he did, but i'm glad we didn't have to call anyone.
 
DSC_0298 copy
 
I visited with my mom after church Sunday and she packed us lots of treats to go home with. Souwan and I love these Lychee candy and London rolls. She also gave us mangos and her home made coconut rice. It has been too long since we had these delicious treats!
 
DSC_0300 copy
 
That's what we have been up to! Thank you for reading friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.