Skip to main content

Kiengkham's Korner: The Late Big News

Souwan and I are so excited to officially announce on this blog we are expecting "Baby Kiengkham" this year aka Baby K.  It has been surreal up until the first ultrasound appointment when we heard the baby's heart beat.

 We are so incredibly happy and bless with the overwhelming amount of support, advice and prayers.

Souwan and I found out a couple of weeks before Christmas. (December 2nd to be exact) Our first thoughts were "wow there is a tiny person growing!" "I can't believe we're going to be parents"

Our first doctor's appointment was to confirm it. It was exciting and awkward. I was hoping it wasn't a joke. I was nervous meeting the doctor's and nurses. The doctor gave me a bag full of information, booked my ultrasound and blood work. (Which both went very well) Unfortunately, the morning sickness medicine wasn't included. At 6 weeks food was not my best friend. However, peppermint and ginger ale helped until I could get a hold of some medicine.
 
DSC_0906 copy

DSC_0905 copy
 
We informed our family and friends the week of January 19th with the picture below.  It was extremely hard not to share the news with everyone because it's just a joyous moment and you want to scream it at the top of your lungs.  It is common for most couples to wait until after the first trimester to announce the big news.
.
DSC_0161copy
 
Souwan is definitely more excited then he shows.  He reads all the paperwork from the doctor's office, checks my pregnancy apps on daily basis, tries to make sure I eat healthy, puts reminders for appointments on my phone, cooks so I don't have to get sick smelling the food, and the list goes on. He is my rock!
  
DSC_0158 copy

He is going to be the best dad ever!!
 
DSC_0120 copy

Words cannot explain how excited we are.  A lot of changes are in store for the next couples months, but we're so excited for it all! I'll keep you updated on my pregnancy, renovation of the nursery and so much more! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week! 

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.