Skip to main content

our easy garden tips

In the past years we made a huge garden, but after having Haylee we couldn't take care of a big garden. Souwan and I still wanted to have a garden because we love growing our own food. I feel like i'm being healthy that way because of the gmo, artificial this and that going into our bodies. And maybe it makes up for not working out. LOL. Souwan and I also both grew up having gardens. My mom would give me my own space to plant vegetables and flowers as a kid. I planted sunflowers and cucumbers. I believe I did other plants, however I can only remember those. I have photos at my mom's house in the garden during summer. I did photo shoots with my sunflowers. Nothing changes haha! Now that Haylee is able to water plants we have a place for her vegetables. She has peppers and green beans! She loves being outside in the garden and watering the plants. Mostly because she gets to play with water. Ha! (it's on our family Instagram and fb page Kiengkham Family Adventures) We decided to look at small garden ideas on pinterest. There are so many! I want to make it easy for you! Here are some quick tips!

1. Start with herbs! They are low maintenance and if you go a couple of days with not watering them, they won't die.
2. Plant flowers like sunflowers and daisies to attract honey bees and butterflies that will help your garden grow.
3. Use pots and set them up a bit higher. Around here we have hungry little rabbits who like to eat!

Take a look at our little garden. Enjoy! Don't forget to like, share and comment below what your garden tips might be or what you like to plant in the summer time!


20170615-DSC_0130 20170615-DSC_0129 20170615-DSC_0127 20170615-DSC_0126 20170615-DSC_0125 20170615-DSC_0124 20170615-DSC_0122 20170615-DSC_0120 20170615-DSC_0118 20170615-DSC_0117 20170615-DSC_0115 20170615-DSC_0113 20170615-DSC_0107 20170615-DSC_0105 20170615-DSC_0104

Comments

  1. Very helpful tips, Thanks for sharing with us. You can use hedge trimmer for your garden, You know this is a cutting tools, and you can design a tree buy using this tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.... I think this is so helpful and informative idea! I think your post is so helpful for those readers who are looking for gardening tips. Please keep sharing.
    Pruners and Loppers for your lawn and garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.