Skip to main content

life lately no. 3

Hi Ya'll! This is my little corner of the world and we're happy you're here! I'll tell you what our family has been up to and give you more details than ya need. Ready?! Ok here we go!

Dragon Boat Race - We attended the Rowan County Dragon Boat Race again this year. Souwan raced with the City of Salisbury team Gigaboat. His team didn't win but they had a ton of fun! Haylee enjoyed being at the lake. Can't wait for next year!

Haylee's 2nd birthday- Haylee turned two on Aug. 6th however we threw her a spectacular 2nd birthday on the weekend before. She had a Princess Jasmine party and Princess Jasmine made an appearance! She loved having all her family and friends stop by and celebrate with her. It was a successful party. We already started planning her 3rd birthday because I spoke with Moana and she wants to make an appearance next year! LOL (Auntie Emily has a Moana costume ready for next year) Haylee will love it because she always wants to watch Mona, she means (Moana).

Haylee's 24 month check up - She did well on her growth, however she's still on the small side and we're going for a follow up in October/December. The girl eats, but she's so small hahaha. Where does it all go??? Can I get in on that? lol.

New car seat- Haylee is now front faced in the car/van!! We waited until she was two and she is loving it. We had to make a purchase for a front faced car seat after learning our car seat would not be converting to front face. I was pretty bummed as I thought it was convertible. The Diono is a great purchase if you're in the market! It is convertible!! haha! It goes from infant to ....7 YEARS OLD!! SCORE! haha. It will cost a pretty penny ($300) but I love saving money on the longer end. It is also rated very well by safety.gov and has a lot of safety awards. Did I tell ya it's convertible? haha.

Ballet - Summer ballet classes wrapped up, however Haylee goes back for fall-spring classes next week. We can't wait. Haylee is eager to get back to ballet!

New Car- After our Jetta was done we purchased a Rogue SUV. After weeks of searching we finally found our 2nd vehicle (We purchased an Honda Odyssey last year and love it). The SUV is a perfect addition.

 Baby Logan's baby shower- Our friends CJ and Leann were showered by family and friends. We can't wait to meet baby Logan!

Petra's birthday - We celebrated our sweet friend Petra's birthday with some good Chinese food and a walk around the boardwalk with good boba tea. I had a blast and it's always good to spend time with her and her family!

New Camera - I guess this has been a month of "NEW" I've invested in a Nikon D700. I am really liking it so far. I am still learning how to operate it, because it's very different from my other Nikon D3100. It's a lot faster shooting and creates really pretty bright images!

Solar Eclipse - Souwan and I both got to experience it during out work day. Souwan's office had a lot of fun with their rooftop view! I watched from my desk/window. It was a fun day! Haylee was with grandma and did not get to "see" it.

Haylee - She is drinking from a cup! Her potty training is still a continuing effort with only one accident. She is doing a great job telling us when she has to go potty. I have taken on teaching her preschool. I'm giving it a try and  I enjoy it!! We've been learning about magnets, playing with blocks, finger painting, puzzles and more. She has been able to finish two puzzles! We have been reading tons of books on flowers too. Her "anxiety" with being around other people went away for one day at church haha. She decided she would hug everyone. It didn't last haha. She was back to her shy self the next Sunday.

Thanks ya'll for stopping by! In September we have our annual family vacation and it's at Disney World!!! I am excited to experience it with Haylee for the first time and hopefully we can make it an annual trip. We've been trying to do this. Also, our niece is getting married on my birthday! That will be a fun celebration for both of us. See ya'll next time!

(photos are Nikon & IPhone)

20170729-DSC_0617 20170728-DSC_0595 20170805-DSC_0947 20170805-DSC_0938 IMG_5930 IMG_5965 IMG_6004 IMG_6006 IMG_6009 IMG_6034 IMG_6038 IMG_6050 IMG_6081 IMG_6103 IMG_6137 IMG_6160 IMG_6169 IMG_6215 IMG_6218 IMG_6220 IMG_6243

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week! 

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.