Skip to main content

wedding wednesday: what to wear to an engagement session

Hi Ya'll! It's a new month and a new wedding Wednesday! It's my favorite time!!! Today I'm showing ya'll what to wear to an engagement session. I get this question a lot. I'll be honest, I'm not into the latest fashion trends. I love shopping, but I usually go for more comfort pieces than what's hot off the runway. So if you are cool with that and a semi trendy outfit then stick around.

I'm excited because my husband is modeling for me. He is the most supportive hubby. I love him to pieces. Let's get started! At an engagement session it's a time to get to know your photographer and get comfortable in front of the camera. I tell everyone that you want to have an engagement session to get comfortable posing. It's awkward for everyone the first time and you don't want to have that awkward moment on the special day.

At an engagement session it's best to do a couple of looks. Go for a dressed up look and then a casual look. You should also be yourself! Wear pieces that showcase you!!

This knit dress is so soft and comfy. I love that! It's also my favorite color...PINK!! Super feminine and a classic piece. I love everything about this dress. And my suede shoes, these shoes are so fun. I think they are pretty trendy too. They pair perfectly with this dress! I think the season of the engagement session should play into the pieces you choose too. This outfit would look great at a summer or fall session.

For my men out there. My husband is sporting a button up and khaki pants. The button up has a hint of pink in it to pair with my dress. It's not overly matched, but really compliments my look. I love it!

Hope you enjoyed this post about what to wear to an engagement session. Just remember to have fun with it!! Have a great Wednesday Ya'll! The weekend is almost here!


20170804-DSC_0879 20170804-DSC_0877

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.