Skip to main content

date night: pork satay w/ peanut sauce and cucumber salad


For date night the boyfriend and I watched the movies " Valentine's Day" and "13 going on 30". Two very chick flicks! Souwan entertained himself with having drinks and dinner. We even had movie popcorn. Yum! Couples can still have a date night in. Find a good movie and some dinner makes for a great night together. I have a collection of chick flicks, a little obsessed. If you don't have a collection get movies from Red Box for $1. I love the dinner part the most. Check out Souwan's entry later this week for what we had to drink on date night!

Recipe for pork satay w/ peanut sauce and cucumber salad:

what you need

1 pound pork, sliced into strip, wooden sticks, 1/2 cup water {we used coconut milk 3/4, trust me it tastes way better} 3 tbsp vegetable oil 

cucumber salad: 2 cucumbers, 5 red onions, 2 red chilli, 4 tbsp vinegar, 6 tbsp sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. sprinkle contents of packet { satay seasoning mix, which can be found in a local Asian market } over pork and add small amount of water. Also tbsp of oyster sauce { you can find this at wal-mart or Asian market } . Soak well and marinate for 2-3 hours.

2. after threading the pork, cook over grill { you can use an indoor grill too} until done.

3. Sauce: empty contents of peanut sauce {found in the satay mix } in a small pot. Add water or coconut milk and vegetable oil. Combine and bring to boil.

4. Cucumber salad: mix water, vingar, sugar and salt. In a serving bowl, arrage sliced cucumber, chilli and sliced red onion in layers. Pour mixture over.

Happy Eating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.