Skip to main content

this valentine's day






Hope all of you had a great V-day.! Souwan & I kept it low key with dinner, and homemade gifts. While in college, we did not have the cash to shower each other with gifts. The boyfriend and I started making home made cards and presents for each other. One year I gave the boyfriend cupcakes and cookies in the valentines theme. Since we graduated and got "adult" jobs we still made home made cards. The card I made this year has the word "love" and is a maze. Can he find the way to my heart? Well he certainly has! I also made a home made gift card for some shoes. He can buy shoes anywhere. Ha! Souwan is in need for some shoes. I really loved Souwan's card. It was VERY creative! Pop-up boy and girl. The boy is giving the girl a heart. HOW AWESOME! It looks just like us. Just kidding. As for the gifts, we did splurge more on them in recent years. The boyfriend and I have not lost sight of the thought behind those gifts. I had been wanting to watch "The Romantics" for EVER. I am obsessed with movies. Maybe next year we can do more home made gifts. Its really fun to see the result of our hard labor. I get a kick out of them!
See the roses? The family bought that for my mom! She's all of our Valentine! Growing up my parents were my Valentine. Every year they bought my brother and I gifts. I cherish those memories. One morning I woke up and a huge panda was sitting in front of my face. It said Happy Valentines Day! Ha! Another year my dad saw a bear I was looking at in the window and I had no boy to give one to me. Between you and I, he liked it that way! He bought me that bear and I kept it bedside for EVER.

Happy Valentine's Day!





Comments

  1. AAAwwww i love this blog..make me wanna cry..im so glad and happy u guys had a great vday and touching story too lol...great blog..keep it up!!!!;-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.