Skip to main content

brats and schnitzel











On Saturday we had our first taste of German food. The restaurant is called Old German Schnitzel Haus and is located in Hickory, North Carolina. Our German friend Dina heard good things about the restaurant. Old German Schnitzel Haus was named the best German food here in North America. It made all of us want to take a small hour trip to get this authentic German food for lunch. As we walked in there was German decor everywhere in sight.  I loved that the waitress was able to communicate with Dina in German. All of us ordered a type of schnitzel, except for me, I tried the Bratwurst. Souwan and I shared the schnitzel and brats. I really enjoyed both dishes. We even saved room for German chocolate cake, apple strudle with ice cream, banana pudding cake, and blackforest german cake. They were all delicious desserts! The apple strudle was a favorite of mine. Two thumbs up for this restaurant and German food.

P.S I got a brand new camera! A Nikon d3100. It took a long time for me to come around {saving up for}. Took a risk and got it. There will be lots of awesome pictures/memories coming soon, can't wait to share them!! {pictures above were taken with old camera, not the new one}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.