Skip to main content

disaster in Japan





On Friday morning, I was in a meeting when I saw the news of Japan. The sight and descriptions of the chaos gave me chills. 8 magnitude earthquake. 23 foot waves hit Japan. Fires on oil rigs. Nuclear plants meltdown.

There was news following that Hawaii and California had warnings of massive waves. It never came to mind that something on the otherside of the world would have an impact close to home. My thoughts and heart goes out to all the families during this horrific time.


While following the news coverage I came upon an interview with Petra Nemcova. Petra is a model and has graced the covers of Madame Figaro, Elle, Shape, Cosmopolitan, Flare, Vegas, Glamour, FHM, and Sports Illustrated. She and her fiance were in Thailand when the tsunami in 2004 hit. Her finace was killed and she held on to a palm tree for hours with a broken pelvis. Seeing the Japan earthquake & tsunami horrific memories came back to her. Her heart goes out to those in Japan. If you want to do something to help Japan, you can! She founded a non profit organization called Happy Hearts Fund. The program is to help children in natural disaster areas.



             
                                                          Click here to learn more or donate.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.