Skip to main content

mondays with mark: color blocking




My ballet poses! I felt like a pretty ballerina in this makeup and my hair in a bun. And my ballerina gear from Ralph Lauren? LOL! BTW I was not a ballerina, (because I had you fooled-Right) but I did have lessons in Thai/Lao traditional dance. ^_^ But Ballerina's are so pretty and graceful!
A trend that I have been seeing is color blocking in fashion, but beauty too. This looked really sweet on a model I saw. She had navy and purple. In color blocking you can match sooo many different color combos. Blue/purple, yellow/blue, green/blue, green/yellow, pink/purple, pink/blue SOOO many! It could go on for days. I paired purple and yellow together for my look. It was challenging to find a match. I wanted to do them all.

Products
Eyes: mark Lash All You Want High-Volume Mascara, mark What A Line Felt Tip Eyeliner
Top eyelids: Piccadilly
Bottom of eyes: mark on the dot eye color compact (yellow/gold)
Lips: mark Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in coral fixation
Face: powder buff natural skin foundation in honey & mark Good Glowing Custom Pick Powder Blush in after glo

I hate this part because I want everyone to be winners! The giveaway winner for this month is ... sommai! Congrats girl! Thanks for being a reader/follower. Send me your address thru facebook or email.

What do you think of the color blocking trend? Is it just for fashion? Better for beauty? Leave me comments-follow! ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.