Skip to main content

ootd: 2011 VA/DC Quake






Outfit of the day (OOTD)
Blazer: forever 21
Top: gift
Skirt: ebay
Bag: boutique from DC
Jewelry: cart from the mall

The day of the earthquake, what it will be known now in history, I wore this outfit. It's history! LOL I know people are laughing about this. But I can now say I have experienced an earthquake. I would never thought an earthquake would be one of my experiences in life. Being that I live on the east coast, we are more known for tornadoe and hurricane disasters. I did have some friends in VA and were thinking of them. If I felt it here (hours away) from VA, how was it in their shoes? It was an interesting day for us at the office. We were not fortunate enough to be evacuated, but it was the talk of the day. Oh -let me tell you that we were not prepared for an earthquake. So if there is a next time- we may be in lots of trouble. I mean what do you do during an earthquake??? We here on the east coast only know tornado and hurricane emergency protocals! What a disaster it WOULD be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.