Skip to main content

2012: my year in review

Hi All,

I have been MIA but for good reasons! I've been spending much time working at the office (not only santa's busiest month but ours too), celebrating the holidays with my family and friends, and planning a wedding (less than 6 months). Before the New Year I wanted to make one last post for this year. I do these every year and I love looking back at all my great memories from the year.  Here is my year in review!

We started the year celebrating my then boyfriend's 26th birthday with our friends and family at Dave & Busters.
DSC_0253
New Year new snow! It snowed for the first time of the year.
409076_10100246382654405_42405069_42175754_2063732629_n

Our friends from college got a new home and a little reunion took place.
224 (2) copy
In March we travelled to DC with our German friends Dina and Mark to view the Cherry Blossom festival. A first time for us and very beautiful! We also got to meet our friend Geoff's girlfriend Lauren and reunite with a high school friend Phillip.
DSC_0377 (2)
DSC_0332 (2)
555737_10100293735144635_2100573998_n
In April the New Year came for Thai and Lao folks around the world. My two little cousins participated in the annual pageant at the temple. They look beautiful in our traditional clothing.
DSC_0332 (3)
In May my boyfriend proposed! It was magical and very sneaky of him! I had hopes going into this year I would be getting engaged, but was surprised when in the middle of the night he brought me to our back yard and with candles lit "Marry Me" appeared. I was thrilled! My fiance and I continued celebrating our engagement at the Biltmore Estate and lunch with our loved ones.
480966_10100583920211435_1465199840_n
DSC_0046 (4)
DSC_0051 (5)
In the summer we chilled by the pool and at the parks with our friends and family.
poolmemorialdaymovieinthepark
When July came around we celebrated Independence day in DC and at the temple in VA. I got to show DC to Serena for the first time and she loved it. I hope we get to do it again soon.
DSC_0022DSC_0005261
I had to take a trip to Charleston, as every year!
farmersmarket2beachday132 (3) copy
Fall came around and it was beautiful. Our office did our annual Susan G Komen fundraising and raised over one thousand dollars. The leaves and our Halloween party were a hit here.
18 copy107 (4) copy349 copy
We end the year with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it was by far our best. Being able to be with family is so special.
12 - 1577787_4033117221761_1876674686_n

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.