Skip to main content

farmer's day 2013

My husband, myself, cousin Kit and Serena ventured out into the hot weather on Saturday to Farmer's day. Much like a farmer's market, but with more vendors and people. We enjoyed home made strawberry ice cream and Muscadine slushie in this warm weather. Muscadine is widely grown in the southern states of the U.S. It is a type of berry and can be eaten raw or made into wine. I love Muscadine wine. I ran into a vendor who made home made hot salsa from Wilmington area. I got a jar of his salsa. I'm excited to have some with tortilla chips. A lot of vendors had homemade crafts and food to sale. My cousin Noah and his family/girlfriend were out at a stand making their awesome chicken kabobs on this day. Vintage cars and tractors were on display, and my cousin Kit enjoyed the oversized tractors and vintage ambulance. Bands and clowns making balloons were set up for family entertainment. A great family time!
 
farmersday1 farmersday2 farmersday3 farmersday4 farmersday5 farmersday6 farmersday7 farmersday8 farmersday9 farmersday10 farmersday11 farmersday12 farmersday13 farmersday14

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.