Skip to main content

out in the yard


My cousin's new car.


The new spiral tree. Pretty fancy.


Pad Thai and Papaya Salad for lunch.




The new bird bath. Souwan hopes to get pictures of birds with this.




Where the family hangs out on warm days and nights.

Over the weekend my family spent a lot of time doing yard work. We planted a new tree, got a bird bath, & planted more plants in the garden. The beauty of nature is amazing. If only I could get paid for how long I stay outside! Well I still would not be a millionaire. I'm only outside if there are gardens involved. Our garden & new tree was able to whether the storm from last night. My tomatoes and green peppers did not make it. RIP. A lot of the patio furniture was scattered across the deck. The park across from us had a huge tree fall down. Some of the surrounding area had been left with no power for hours. The main interstate that I take to work had been shut down due to damages from the storm. What usually would take an hour took two 1/2 hrs. Ridiculous traffic!! I got home safe and have an interesting tale. Happy Tuesday friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.