Skip to main content

wine,BBQ, & family


{I forgot my camera, but Dina had her camera phone!}



{We chowed down on everything. So not really much to capture. Ha!}


{New flowers in the yard}

Dina came down to visit the family over Easter. It is always great to have another girl around. I grew up with 6 boys. I love them, but its nice to get a break and hang with a girl. We went back to the winery {Childress Vineyards} to have lunch and do some shopping. Later on we met up with the rest of the family for a BBQ. The family sat around chatting. My family can be chatterboxes. Can you tell from me? Ha!




{images from google}

The next day we went to see Soul Surfer. Its such an inspiring movie. A must see!! I cried like a baby. The movie is based on the true story of Bethany Hamilton and her life after the shark attack. {She is an American professional surfer and part of team Rip Curl.} She turned to faith, helping others, support from her family, friends and fans. Bethany visited Thailand after the tsunami and her attack. Her pain helped her with the people in Thailand. She soon returned surfing and competing. Her story of struggle with recovering was sincere and profound. AnnaSophia Robb did an outstanding job portraying Bethany. You must see this film. A tear jerker.

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!