Skip to main content

weekly wrap up: goodbyes and birthdays

Before the nasty ice storm hit our area, I bravely went out into the icey weather. I picked up a cake for my co-worker/friend Kyle. We learned earlier in the week he has bieber fever after watching his televised movie. I have not seen it, but Kyle says good things about it. Ha!

IMG_0836[1]

The ice started pouring down on my way into work and got worst into the day. We got less than an inch of ice, but driving on it was very tricky. I was able to leave work early.

IMG_0835[1]

IMG_0856[1]

I had learned earlier in the week that my Great Uncle Ny had passed. It was a very sad moment for me. I remember the stories of how much he picked on me. He had a sense of humor that I will never forget. I know his laugh, it's engraved into my memory. His son and daughter look so much like him. It was comforting. "He lived a long and happy life", his son said to all of his family and friends who attended the funeral. His son could not hold in his sadness and neither could we. As our uncle cried, we did as well. He will be missed.  Rest in peace.

My cousin Kit, Som and my fiance Souwan all joined in a tradition that Lao folks do when loved ones pass or when they are about to get married. The tradition is called Boud. Where men will shave their heads, eyebrows and any facial hair. They will be given robes from monks and meditate for the entire day. A grueling and intense day for them. As they do not eat after noon and clear their minds to meditate. It is a great honor and respectful tradition.

IMG_0820[1] IMG_0867[1]
IMG_0865[1]

My little cousin Benjamin is turning another year older this month. His little face and smile cheers me up in a heartbeat.

IMG_0863[1]

Thanks for reading! It is always better to be judged as too compassionate than being judgemental. Have a great week friends! xoxo Lisa

(some of these are Iphone photos and others DSLR)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!