Skip to main content

Kiengkham's Korner: girly flowers vs manly flowers

This week (almost everyday) we are working on our yard. It's our first home and we are so excited for Spring time here at the Kiengkham's. Picking out flowers and plants has been a real fun experience. Souwan and I have different taste for flowers. I love bright "girly" flowers. It took sometime, but we have compromised. I get my pink flowers! Okay maybe he just went with "happy wife, happy life" to help with decisions. He did get a bird bath, or more like bird trap. Souwan hates birds, but wants a perfect shot at them. So he says. And he is getting a front pathway! Our yard is coming together and looking great for Spring. Stay tuned for more home posts this week.
 
These purple flowers are looking beautiful. I opted for these flowers, but in white.
901copy 900copy
 
We have been searching for plants to put on the front porch. We chose bright colorful petunias and a type of evergreen plant.
889copy 887copy 886copy
 
There is a new Ford F250 truck in our family. This is my brother's new truck and he has been helping us move big furniture and yard supplies this week.
 
863copy
 
Harbor freight is a great home improvement store. They always have a good sale and coupons on their tools/supplies. My husband and I are glad for the deals with all of the home improvements we have for our first home. 
 
829copy
 
I love my family and when they stop by it's always a party. Even an old friend, Vanessa stopped and spent the day with us! It was such a nice day Saturday for grilling steaks, hotdogs and chicken.
 
916copy
 
My husband and I picked up a few things from Ikea and World Market. I bought these lanterns for our patio table. I love the southern living feel they give me. We bought new curtains for the spare bedroom too. Souwan and I really liked the pattern. I think we got a lot of good items from World Market. (Red Velvet pancake mix, soda coffee, Phillipine dried mango candy, crème Brule mix, pad thai noodles, Hawaiian coffee blend, crab boil mix, and apple shortbread.) I can't wait to try all of these! The Hawaiian coffee is supposed to be the best. I tried the dried mango candy and it is addictive. The pad Thai was quick, easy to make and good!
 
918copy 919copy 920copy
 
Thanks for stopping by friends!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you've been a busy bee lately! Love those purple flowers.

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how lush the nursery looks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

makeup monday: blush shades

I'm wearing Maybelline Mineral Power in Rose I'm wearing Mark. blush from natural palette Blush colors: from left to right E.L.F in Coral Mark. Natural Palette Mark. Clutch on the go palette Maybelline dream bouncy blush in pink frosting Maybelline minerals power in rose Mark. Clutch on the go palette (2nd color) My many different blush color choices thru the seasons. I choose coral and neutral colors during the summer and when the fall/winter come I change to pinks and rose colors. My skin is a medium tone and rose/pink colors look best. If you are a lighter skin tone (like Emma Stone or Rachel McAdams) I would go with apricot to coral pink colors for a natural look. Hope you have a magnificent week! 

outfit of the day: bold blues

  what i wore: express (gift) blouse, thrifted skirt, payless heels, belk's pearl necklace and earrings   This look makes me feel lady like and business savy. I wore this look to the office. Who says your work wardrobe has to be dull? This outfit is office appropriate, but fun with the bold blue skirt. Get away from those gray and black colors. At the corporate office there are rules to your attire: the length of your skirt needs to be at your knee, no sandals, no tank tops or strapless, no leggings, no jeans/jeggings, no house shoes/tennis shoes/stilettos. With many more to list, I won't take up your day. You have got the idea i'm sure. =)   I just wanted to share this with any ladies who adore Lilly Pulitzer, they are having a sale and most items are 80% off! Great deal! www.lillypulitzer.com