Skip to main content

Kiengkham's Korner: we're starting a vegetable garden

I joined my husband and his co-workers to fundraise for the American Cancer Society. I gave a photography basket away (a free photo session and photo frames). Congrats to our winner! Souwan and I also joined in the basket contest. I am excited we won the movie Frozen basket! I just adore that movie so much!
1606copy 1605copy image

I found five of these guys around the yard. Kind of funny they were in our yard before Easter! You think they are friends of the Easter bunny? LOL

1529copy 1532copy 1533copy

Our Easter was very fun filled. We went to church and had breakfast with our friends. Best breakfast in town on Easter! I made muffins for breakfast and gave some to my husband's co-workers. I love blueberry muffins! I got some beautiful Easter Lilies to bring home to my grandmas, mom's, and for my house.

1538copy 1543copy 1554copy 1558copy 1566copy 1550copy 1582copy

We have new plants in our yard. I told my husband we are going to have a botanical garden soon! Souwan and I planted more petunias. New to the yard are gladiolus and hydrangeas. Our lilies are starting to bloom and our pink azaleas have bloomed. I will try to take more photos, but here is our pink azaleas this past week. I hope to get the lilies soon!

1601copy 1602copy

I have started running again. I love to run, but it has been awhile! Hard to believe I did this 4 times a week before my wedding. I am trying to get a consistent routine going. I'm glad my husband has been running with me and keeping me motivated! We have been running in our neighborhood and I have really enjoyed it.

image


Our first vegetable garden is coming soon. Souwan and I have already got a few vegetable plants ready to go. We opted not to start from seed and start our garden with small plants. We are hoping to get cilantro, green onions, chili peppers and watermelon plants at our local garden store soon. Here we have tomato, squash, jalapeno, bell pepper, Thai basil, cucumber, and zucchini. I am very excited to grow these vegetables! I can't wait to make homemade tomato sauce and salsa. I believe this will save us money too! The squash and zucchini are super performers and will be great in our stir fry.
1618copy 1616copy 1615copy 1613copy 1612copy 1611copy 1610copy

And my mom's dog Mia wanted to say hello! haha!

image




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!