Skip to main content

Kiengkham's Korner: fascination with the derby and a garden

My husband and I attended a derby party. I love dressing up for the derby! I had so much fun at the party. It is a fun experience bidding on a horse (or watching the bidding). It can get intense!
 
264copy 277copy 289copy 283copy 286copy 291copy 307copy
 
Of course the week could not go by without us in the garden. I took more photos of the garden. Last time I did not have enough time. I've added more vegetables to the mix! My mom gave us mint, onions and string beans to add. She also gave me peppers which are doing great!
 
25copy

My Easter Lily. This is part of my inside collection of flowers.

234copy 235copy

Dill

236copy

Bell Pepper

237copy

Lettuce

238copy

Thai Basil

239copy

Thai hot peppers

240copy

Lemon Basil

241copy

My mom's thai hot peppers

242copy

My pink climbing roses. They have grown/bloomed so fast! What a big difference in a week. The first photo was taken on March 28th and the second photo was taken on April 3rd.

229copy 247copy

Mint. This was also transferred from my mom's garden.

252copy

Lemon Grass (Lemon Grass, Mint, and Lavender is a natural mosquito repellant)

253copy

These are the flowers Souwan got for a $1 on sale! They have fully bloomed and are so pretty. They also have a nice fragrance. Just last week.

254copy

Lily

255copy

(New) We planted these a few weeks ago. I never got around to taking photos of them. These are Hydrangeas.

257copy

Green Onions. These were transferred from my mom's garden too.

317copy

Squash

318copy

Zucchini

320copy

Cucumbers

321copy

Watermelon

322copy

My husband picked some of the dill from our garden to add to his cool ranch dip!

326copy

It was a very beautiful day. We made our first seafood boil and had it out on the patio. We got the mix from World Market. The ingredients are mostly from the grocery store (corn, potatoes, squid, shrimp, crab meat, mussels, and sausage) . This is perfect if you like seafood and spicy food.

336copy 340copy

I have been behind on couponing posts. Here is our latest haul. Total before coupons =$59.15, after coupons = $18.80. We saved about 68%.

341copy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!