Skip to main content

kiengkham's korner: farmer's market, car show, and our garden

This past week my husband and I went to the Farmer's Market in our town. It was such a beautiful morning. I finally woke up early to enjoy the first day of the Farmer's Market for this year. I loved it! We had such a fun date trying cheese, shopping for vegetables and looking at home made crafts. The home made crafts were very cool. Take a look at those bird houses!
39copy 34copy
32copy
 
Souwan and I also got to see a car show in town. I'll admit that I do not know anything about cars. These cars were really neat and nostalgic. I know my mom used to tell me about the drive in movies with the speaker boxes on the cars. It was exciting to see one. We enjoyed some karoke and kabobs from this food truck at the car show too.
 
51copy 20copy 46copy 16copy 14copy 12copy 11copy 9copy 4copy

My flower bed has changed so much. Our gladiolus flowers are starting to come up.

54copy

I'm not sure what this flower is. It resembles a pansy, but they are much taller. They are blooming in our flower bed. My husband got them for sale at Lowe's for $1 each.

61copy 62copy

My lilies are slowly coming up. These are from Lowe's too. I got them as bulbs in a bag for $8. These were not on sale.

66copy

These azaleas have really bloomed since we got them in March! I love the pinks (my favorite color). Souwan got these on sale at Lowe's.

81copy

Our hostas are huge. I underestimated the width of these hostas. We planted flowers near them not knowing how big they would get. Souwan said we may need to move some plants/flowers around in the bed. Three weeks ago they were just starting to come up.

84copy 95copy

My brother, mom and Souwan went to our local garden store to get vegetables. Souwan and I are trying our green thumb.

129copy 132copy

My brother and dad's birthday was this week. We took my brother out to eat at a Thai restaurant. It was a great time and very good food. I want another seafood salad now! Happy Birthday to the best brother and best friend a girl could have. And, i'll stop here before embarrassing him.

I'll be celebrating with my dad for his birthday later on. I just wanted to give him a shout out! I love ya! He owes me some basketball games, some yard/house work and some vegetables from his garden. But seriously he is awesome and I am grateful for helping guide me to be who I am today, Happy Birthday daddy!

135copy 141copy 143copy

10329220_10101271826292135_8475062677801679888_n

Our small vegetable garden is finished (for now). I have planted almost everything. I have a handful of plants still left to put into another bed. This one is complete! First, I laid out all the plants in the bed to map it out. I have no reason for doing it this way other than my need for organization. After, I planted all the plants and watered them.

(not all pictured)
on the first row: (left to right) Lettuce, Thai Basil
second row: Jalapeño peppers, Thai peppers, Lemon Basil
third row: bell pepper, cilantro, tomato, and dill

From Lowe's: Thai Basil, Jalapeno peppers, Tomatoes, bell peppers
From our local garden store: Lettuce, Thai peppers, Lemon Basil, Dill, cilantro
From mom: Thai peppers

Next time I will get all of the plants and better photos. After I finished it was dark. My iPhone photo will have to do (second photo). Also, I got more plants from the store and mom so I will post those up soon!
205copy 10177861_883617088331249_1086297590188276470_n 219copy 222copy 224copy 226copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!