Skip to main content

kiengkham's korner: halloween + home

Our Halloween was spent at our church this year. Souwan and I joined our church family for trunk or treat. If you've never been to trunk or treat, well you're missing out on family fun. We had games at each trunk and lots of treats. Every trunk had a theme, just to name a few: gone fishing, a coffin, and ours was Alice in Wonderland's queen of hearts/tea party. It was a fantastic night and we enjoyed being with all of the kids.

DSC_0392 copy DSC_0395 copy DSC_0413 copy

Our grocery trip this week was great! We got more items for our holiday parties. The gravy mix & pumpkin filling are great for the holiday parties ( I love making cupcakes with the pumkin filling for Thanksgiving).  I am thrilled about getting new eye shadows. Some of these items we will be giving away to charity. I'm really happy we will be able to give some of these items to a good cause. Here is our total, we spent before = $102.54 and after coupons = $19.20!!!

DSC_0436 copy

It's been a while since I update you on the house. We have been in our first home for a year and 1 month! We're still doing a lot and saving up for our house. Souwan and I decided to hold off on a heat pump, but we're looking at a shed and lawn mower for our home. Right now we have a shed picked out. Souwan and my brother Lee are taking on the project of building the shed so stay tuned for that project update. I have been slowly filling in picture frames all around the house. It's pretty fun finally putting memories in frames. I went from two pics to 16 framed pics! I'm loving the layout of these frames on our living room wall. Souwan did a great job putting these up for me!

DSC_0765 copy
 
 
I have been away from the blog, but for a pretty sweet reason. My friend's Anna and Charlie are having a baby and asked me to capture their growing family. I was so excited they asked me. I had so much fun spending the afternoon with them. I'm so happy for them! Here is a sneak peek of their session, i'll post a blog with more heart warming pics very soon.
 
 
DSC_0340copy2watermark DSC_0352 copy2watermark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: bold blues

  what i wore: express (gift) blouse, thrifted skirt, payless heels, belk's pearl necklace and earrings   This look makes me feel lady like and business savy. I wore this look to the office. Who says your work wardrobe has to be dull? This outfit is office appropriate, but fun with the bold blue skirt. Get away from those gray and black colors. At the corporate office there are rules to your attire: the length of your skirt needs to be at your knee, no sandals, no tank tops or strapless, no leggings, no jeans/jeggings, no house shoes/tennis shoes/stilettos. With many more to list, I won't take up your day. You have got the idea i'm sure. =)   I just wanted to share this with any ladies who adore Lilly Pulitzer, they are having a sale and most items are 80% off! Great deal! www.lillypulitzer.com