Skip to main content

kiengkham's korner: Fourth of July

This was our first Fourth of July at our first home. We (Souwan) grilled burgers, chicken and some vegetables from our garden. I made the family one of my favorite salads using the string beans from our garden. After having lunch with my family we watched a little bit of soccer and Nathan's hot dog contest. I was a little disgusted yet amazed these guys can eat all of those.
 
Souwan and I headed out to spend time in our town for the fourth evening. Souwan joined in spray painting the wall and enjoyed some of our favorite child hood candy from the candy store.
 
After walking around downtown, we headed over to my friend Chris's family home for an evening of firework and more food with our friends and family. If you have never had the food from the Filipino BBQ at Autumn Jubilee, you are missing out buddy. Great stuff! I didn't get a picture because it disappeared so quickly. I tried the famous sparkler photo shot, but I didn't have much luck! Maybe next year! 
 
I love Fourth of July. I enjoy celebrating this beautiful country! Hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July. If you're not from here you should visit this country because of the amazing people and places.  
 
DSC_0411 DSC_0401 copy DSC_0402 copy DSC_0404 copy DSC_0405 copy DSC_0406 copy DSC_0407 copy DSC_0408 copy DSC_0423 copy DSC_0424 copy DSC_0429 copy DSC_0431 copy DSC_0432 copy DSC_0433 copy DSC_0434 copy DSC_0435 copy DSC_0436 copy DSC_0437 copy DSC_0440 copy DSC_0441 copy DSC_0443 copy DSC_0444 copy DSC_0445 copy DSC_0453 copy DSC_0461 copy DSC_0464 copy DSC_0465 copy DSC_0467 copy DSC_0472 copy DSC_0474 copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!