Skip to main content

haylee's first egg hunt

We had a wonderful time with our church's annual egg hunt. It was Haylee's first egg hunt. It was a cooler day with a sprinkle of rain, but Haylee's first egg hunt was a fun day. My brother dressed up as the Easter bunny. Haylee did not recognize him and was still very scared of the bunny. After she calmed down, she enjoyed the egg hunt. She loved the different colored eggs. She brought her basket full of eggs home and played with them all day. Haylee even hid them around the living room to find them later. She enjoyed putting them in the basket and then spilling them out to the floor. Haylee even loved to bang them on the floor.

Haylee has enjoyed the plastic eggs, but I have been wanting to dye eggs with her. She is not great with paint. She loves to put her hands in her mouth. The paint would be in her mouth within seconds. I saw a FB post and pintrest post with natural coloring eggs. I thought that might be fun! I don't think we have time to make natural egg colors, but it's a great idea! Here are the posts if you're interested for your little ones: http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/naturally-dyed-easter-eggs/ or ones with kool aid http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/kool-aid-tie-dye-easter-eggs-143963.aspx?cm_mmc=Social-_-Pinterest-_-Ahalogy-_-143963(2)

I have her Easter basket ready! It's taken me a couple of weeks to come up with what to put in a baby's basket. Did you have that issue? She can't have candy, or boiled eggs yet. I decided to look at pintrest! We got her 6 spring time books, we love having storytime with Haylee and hope she learns to love reading. A mickey/Minnie mouse play house dvd, I love Disney and we do not have cable. I'm glad to get it on dvd! More bows! We have so many bows for her, so why not a collection! A Minnie mouse sippy cup with soft spout! She hasn't started on a sippy cup, but after her 9 month checkup she will be able to have her milk and juice in one! We're very excited for her. Little Mermaid bath toys, spoons and more toy eggs!
DSC_0512 copy DSC_0513 copy DSC_0514 copy
What do you put in your kids baskets? Thanks for visiting the blog!

DSC_0395 copy DSC_0413 copy DSC_0416 copy DSC_0385copy DSC_0437copy DSC_0443copy DSC_0480 copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!