(wedding photo by Nye Noona)
It seems like yesterday that we first met, a girl late to class and a boy introducing himself on the first day of college. Sometimes I dislike that I was late to class because it just makes everyone know that is very like me to be late. I like the part where I say hello to you on the elevator. However, if I was not late to class, I might not have gotten your attention. Fast forward to the end of our freshman year our friends Lori and Geoff help us get the courage to go on our first date (many of our dates included Geoff). Those are the sweetest beginnings of our story!
We have grown much more in love since then. More joy, happiness and I have found more things to love about you like:
- you bring me sweet tea when i'm in my "focus mode" and forget
- when I'm running late you get up earlier than needed to help me get out the door
- send me videos of Haylee during your lunch break
- support my crazy ideas, dreams and thoughts.
- you take care of the yard, because lord knows I don't even know how to turn on our lawn mower.
- you cook a proper meal for us, because you know if I cooked we would be eating burnt ramen.
- you sense when i'm feeling down or overwhelmed and you remind me of what our God can do
- you teach Haylee life skills, because I teach her silly things like sticking her tongue out.
- you discretely wake up early on Saturdays to change and feed Haylee so I can get a little extra sleep.
I could go on, but it would end up a novel. Thank you for being my best friend, soulmate and i'm so blessed to be your wife. Here is to 3 more years and a lifetime of happiness.