Skip to main content

apple picking season

I haven't posted on here in a month! I kid you not my list of to dos has gotten very long. With the holidays it means more things to do, however i'm thankful because it means some great content/photos are coming soon! I'll try not to curl up in a ball and get overwhelmed.

I skipped the post on our Charleston trip, but I will post those up. I took so many photos so I will try and pick my favorites out to post soon! Hope everyone is safe there! It saddens me to see all of the news on hurricane Matthew.

Here are photos from our trip to Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC. It was our first family trip to the apple orchard and hopefully not our last. Haylee loves apples and she had a blast picking her apples! She has gotten really great at following directions. She would pick the apple and put them in her bucket. (of course she did quality testing on some of the apples)

Who knew there were soooooooo many apples!!! There were so many different apples to choose from! Souwan and I packed some for snacks, baked apple pies, and made apple fritters. I think we might turn into apples after eating all of them. At the orchard they sold apple cider donuts and apple cider EVERYTHING! We loved the donuts! Haylee enjoyed an apple cider slushie and apple juice in an apple bottle!! Apple for days!!!! LOL

Souwan and I did not know what to expect our first time apple picking. We were not prepared. For others we could tell this was not there first time. They had wagons, water, carriers, and ladders. The weather was very warm for Fall and we got overwhelmed very quick. Our long hike for Asian pears turned into a gold mine and we brought back a bunch of pears!  Even though it was warm and the trees were still the lush green, I loved the mountain views! There is nothing like it!

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I had fun photographing every moment of it.

DSC_0040copy DSC_0006copy DSC_0020copy DSC_0025copy DSC_0033copy DSC_0051copy DSC_0053copy DSC_0054copy DSC_0056copy DSC_0057copy DSC_0060copy DSC_0062copy DSC_0068copy DSC_0072copy DSC_0098copy DSC_0099copy DSC_0111copy DSC_0112copy DSC_0777copy DSC_0778copy DSC_0785copy DSC_0787copy DSC_0789copy DSC_0796copy DSC_0798copy DSC_0805copy DSC_0812copy DSC_0815copy DSC_0816copy DSC_0821copy DSC_0827copy DSC_0832 copy DSC_0838copy DSC_0845copy DSC_0858copy DSC_0861copy DSC_0922copy DSC_0923copy DSC_0931copy DSC_0936copy DSC_0937copy DSC_0940copy DSC_0949copy DSC_0951copy DSC_0959copy DSC_0971copy DSC_0988copy DSC_0993copy DSC_0998copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

makeup monday: blush shades

I'm wearing Maybelline Mineral Power in Rose I'm wearing Mark. blush from natural palette Blush colors: from left to right E.L.F in Coral Mark. Natural Palette Mark. Clutch on the go palette Maybelline dream bouncy blush in pink frosting Maybelline minerals power in rose Mark. Clutch on the go palette (2nd color) My many different blush color choices thru the seasons. I choose coral and neutral colors during the summer and when the fall/winter come I change to pinks and rose colors. My skin is a medium tone and rose/pink colors look best. If you are a lighter skin tone (like Emma Stone or Rachel McAdams) I would go with apricot to coral pink colors for a natural look. Hope you have a magnificent week! 

outfit of the day: bold blues

  what i wore: express (gift) blouse, thrifted skirt, payless heels, belk's pearl necklace and earrings   This look makes me feel lady like and business savy. I wore this look to the office. Who says your work wardrobe has to be dull? This outfit is office appropriate, but fun with the bold blue skirt. Get away from those gray and black colors. At the corporate office there are rules to your attire: the length of your skirt needs to be at your knee, no sandals, no tank tops or strapless, no leggings, no jeans/jeggings, no house shoes/tennis shoes/stilettos. With many more to list, I won't take up your day. You have got the idea i'm sure. =)   I just wanted to share this with any ladies who adore Lilly Pulitzer, they are having a sale and most items are 80% off! Great deal! www.lillypulitzer.com