Skip to main content

wedding wednesday: how to find your awesome honeymoon destination

20170604-DSC_0887

Hi Friend! Welcome to my Wedding Wednesday posts! Here I discuss everything about weddings and help answer questions. Weddings can be overwhelming! There are so many things to plan and so many vendors to choose from. So here on Davong Marie, I hope to give you advice and a peace of mind. Call me weird but I adore weddings, every detail. So let's go!

This post we're discussing honeymoons!!!

Where to stay
Let's be real. This is the best part besides being married to the best man/woman ever! I was a bride, I know! The first question you run into is "Where do we go?". Then, some of you are like any where there is a beach and sun! Yea! Ha! There are many options, but which is your honeymoon destination? First, discuss with your fiancé where you would like to stay/sleep. A bed perhaps is a good start. Maybe a bed and breakfast, an inn, luxury hotel, or a relaxing resort. It all depends on the experience you want.

Stuff to do

That brings me to my second item to discuss, what activities you want to explore on your honeymoon? For example, if you go on a cruise you have various activities like scuba diving or just relaxing with a book on an island you stop at. Or if you're like me, riding teacups at Disney's Magic Kingdom! I can't wait to go back! If you go to Italy, there are art museums and gondola rides! Maybe you just want to eat good food (I do!!!) and Italy has some great places you would like to eat! So does North Carolina! You could go to the mountains here in North Carolina and go hiking or horse back riding. If you're in Asheville, NC you should think about going to The Biltmore Estate for wine tasting and touring the beautiful home/garden of the Vanderbilts'.

Budget ideas

You're probably overwhelmed and thinking this just made you think so much more. You could start by narrowing down your choices. A great resource to help with flight and places to stay is Groupon. I found a great place to stay in Orlando for our honeymoon and saved some money too! They also have flight deals along with hotel! You could also start a honeyfund website and getting your guests to gift you money towards your honeymoon instead of a new china set. Your parents could gift you a honeymoon instead of paying for part of the wedding. Another way is if you have frequent flyer miles to use towards your flight or even reward points that Disney gives you for having their credit card.

I hope this helped friend and hope you have a fun honeymoon! Share photos and don't forget to follow me on FB, Instagram and Twitter! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!