Skip to main content

this valentine's day






Hope all of you had a great V-day.! Souwan & I kept it low key with dinner, and homemade gifts. While in college, we did not have the cash to shower each other with gifts. The boyfriend and I started making home made cards and presents for each other. One year I gave the boyfriend cupcakes and cookies in the valentines theme. Since we graduated and got "adult" jobs we still made home made cards. The card I made this year has the word "love" and is a maze. Can he find the way to my heart? Well he certainly has! I also made a home made gift card for some shoes. He can buy shoes anywhere. Ha! Souwan is in need for some shoes. I really loved Souwan's card. It was VERY creative! Pop-up boy and girl. The boy is giving the girl a heart. HOW AWESOME! It looks just like us. Just kidding. As for the gifts, we did splurge more on them in recent years. The boyfriend and I have not lost sight of the thought behind those gifts. I had been wanting to watch "The Romantics" for EVER. I am obsessed with movies. Maybe next year we can do more home made gifts. Its really fun to see the result of our hard labor. I get a kick out of them!
See the roses? The family bought that for my mom! She's all of our Valentine! Growing up my parents were my Valentine. Every year they bought my brother and I gifts. I cherish those memories. One morning I woke up and a huge panda was sitting in front of my face. It said Happy Valentines Day! Ha! Another year my dad saw a bear I was looking at in the window and I had no boy to give one to me. Between you and I, he liked it that way! He bought me that bear and I kept it bedside for EVER.

Happy Valentine's Day!





Comments

  1. AAAwwww i love this blog..make me wanna cry..im so glad and happy u guys had a great vday and touching story too lol...great blog..keep it up!!!!;-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week! 

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.