Skip to main content

Christmas w/ the Kiengkhams: gingerbread village & gift wrapping

It's the eve of Christmas Eve! Oh happy day! It has been a warmer Christmas here, 70 degree weather doesn't make it feel like Christmas is near. We have been bringing Christmas cheer around here. Wrapping gifts, making gingerbread cookies, swapping gifts with our distant relatives/friends, watching Christmas movies, & a love feast at church with advent songs has fully made me feel like Christmas is coming very soon. My friend gave us his famous beef jerky for a gift, it will not make it to Christmas. Our family from Indiana sent us some wonderful gifts and unfortunately one gift (Santa cookie jar) did not make it. My neice said "Santa is resting in pieces" literally. I've learned my lesson, don't ship ceramic presents ever again. I recieved some sweet cards from our friends. I love getting cards! They are sitting next to our fireplace. I'll look at them as I am enjoying Christmas movies.

I spend all month long (November too) watching Christmas movies on the television and from my own collection. I have a whole box just for Christmas movies. My favorites are all in my collection. The Santa Clause, The holiday, Christmas with the Kranks are just a few I can name. I love to sit on the couch or lay in bed all day on the weekends watching these movies. On the weekends I'll get out, I'll attend church.

Christmas at our church (Coburn) is beautiful. Nothing like the church being lit with candles, poinsettas at the alter, and the beautiful advent songs sung by our choir. The love feast was a first for us. Souwan and I enjoyed having bread and Russian tea with our friends from church. This time of year is filled with so much hope and love. We are blessed! Another blessing would be spending time with family.

We are preparing for our first Christmas gathering at our first home as husband and wife. Rearranging furniture and prepping food for our first Christmas lunch with our family. Prepping for the holidays is a month long task, we feel like their is so much still to get done. It'll be our first time throwing a Christmas lunch for our family and we're both excited. Souwan and I get to put all of our wedding gift items to use for lunch with our family. Some dishes I have never even cooked by myself until now. My mom has taught me some of her recipes and now we will see how much I remember! My brother is skeptical and concerned about my cooking. Ha! Cross your fingers. I did have to call her last night about her recipe. Good thing, I almost forgot an ingredient. It's nice to have family nearby to call on.

We do miss our distant family and friends and wish them to be with us! For you all, we wish you a Merry Christmas!

DSC_0674DSC_0676DSC_0677DSC_0684DSC_0685DSC_0686DSC_0688DSC_0695DSC_0701DSC_0705DSC_0709

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.