Skip to main content

Christmas w/ the Kiengkhams: gingerbread village & gift wrapping

It's the eve of Christmas Eve! Oh happy day! It has been a warmer Christmas here, 70 degree weather doesn't make it feel like Christmas is near. We have been bringing Christmas cheer around here. Wrapping gifts, making gingerbread cookies, swapping gifts with our distant relatives/friends, watching Christmas movies, & a love feast at church with advent songs has fully made me feel like Christmas is coming very soon. My friend gave us his famous beef jerky for a gift, it will not make it to Christmas. Our family from Indiana sent us some wonderful gifts and unfortunately one gift (Santa cookie jar) did not make it. My neice said "Santa is resting in pieces" literally. I've learned my lesson, don't ship ceramic presents ever again. I recieved some sweet cards from our friends. I love getting cards! They are sitting next to our fireplace. I'll look at them as I am enjoying Christmas movies.

I spend all month long (November too) watching Christmas movies on the television and from my own collection. I have a whole box just for Christmas movies. My favorites are all in my collection. The Santa Clause, The holiday, Christmas with the Kranks are just a few I can name. I love to sit on the couch or lay in bed all day on the weekends watching these movies. On the weekends I'll get out, I'll attend church.

Christmas at our church (Coburn) is beautiful. Nothing like the church being lit with candles, poinsettas at the alter, and the beautiful advent songs sung by our choir. The love feast was a first for us. Souwan and I enjoyed having bread and Russian tea with our friends from church. This time of year is filled with so much hope and love. We are blessed! Another blessing would be spending time with family.

We are preparing for our first Christmas gathering at our first home as husband and wife. Rearranging furniture and prepping food for our first Christmas lunch with our family. Prepping for the holidays is a month long task, we feel like their is so much still to get done. It'll be our first time throwing a Christmas lunch for our family and we're both excited. Souwan and I get to put all of our wedding gift items to use for lunch with our family. Some dishes I have never even cooked by myself until now. My mom has taught me some of her recipes and now we will see how much I remember! My brother is skeptical and concerned about my cooking. Ha! Cross your fingers. I did have to call her last night about her recipe. Good thing, I almost forgot an ingredient. It's nice to have family nearby to call on.

We do miss our distant family and friends and wish them to be with us! For you all, we wish you a Merry Christmas!

DSC_0674DSC_0676DSC_0677DSC_0684DSC_0685DSC_0686DSC_0688DSC_0695DSC_0701DSC_0705DSC_0709

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!