Skip to main content

My favorite moments of 2013

2013 was an exciting year! It was full of vacations, magical memories and life changing moments. I am hoping a more amazing 2014! I have rounded up my top ten favorite moments of 2013. Take a look:

IMG_0867[1]

Souwan was a monk for a day. He learned it was a hard task. An honorable tradition in our culture.
image

We gave more back to our community this year. I loved every bit of it. We helped One Church One Child with the drives and cleaning the facility. I spent time with some kids painting pumpkins at a school and got to know them. It was so nice to meet them. We gave food, clothes and our love. It was so nice to be able to give and care more about others this year.
image

Our Derby Bridal Shower was so much fun. I loved dressing up for the "Derby" and seeing all my friends and family have fun with it too. I loved the sweet and fun moments reading cards from my friends and family.
hardrock15

We went to Myrtle Beach and stayed at a resort where we drank by the pool/hottubs. The girls took me out to Hard Rock Cafe and got me in front of the whole place to congratulate me on my upcoming wedding. I had a blast!
image

Souwan and his best friend Geoff went out to vineyards and fishing for his bachelor weekend. He came back with some great memories and good stories for me.
weddingwands

Our wedding day on June 8th was one of the best moments in my life! Our friends and family came from all over to celebrate with us at our laos ceremony, church ceremony and reception at the Train Station. There was so much love and partying that weekend.
Photo0155FourBySix

Going to Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom was a magical moment for us. Meeting the all of the princesses and disney characters was amazing. Going thru the different countries in Epcot felt like we had travelled the world. Seeing all the exotic animals up close on a safari ride was a fantasitc moment. I absolutely loved everything about Disney World and our honeymoon was perfect! Words are not enough to describe the fun we had on this trip.
480109_10100822243943765_331549740_n

Some of you might have some financial goals for your 2014 New Year's resolution! I know we did and one was to pay off our car. We did it! It felt like a huge relief!
1237159_10100910111835805_156254623_n

The family finally got to all go out to Charleston/Edisto Island together. We got a cute beach house on Edisto Island and enjoyed local food and places. I think we enjoyed it so much we are planning for another trip together there in 2014! I look forward to it!
DSC_0099

In September we finally were able to call ourselves homeowners! It was so exciting! We bought a cape cod style home with 4 bedrooms in a small town. We love it here! Our family came to town for Christmas here at our new home. We are looking forward to the spring time where we can grow a garden and do some landscaping.

Those are my top ten moments of 2013! It's been a busy year as you can tell. For 2014 we are hoping to keep up momentum. We have travel plans, home projects, some more financial goals and we hope to help more people in our community in the upcoming year. As for resolutions/goals, I really want to focus on helping more in the community and reaching those financial goals. Thank you for joining me on my blog for 2013 and I hope all of you will be back for 2014, have a Happy New Year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!