Skip to main content

the happily married questionnaire

DSC_0382copy
DSC_0384copy
(photos by me!)
 
I don't answer questions on my blog, but I thought it would be a fun change! Check out the questions and answers from my husband Souwan and I. Let me tell ya, this was so much fun for us! We got a really great laugh!! We hope you like it and if you love this, let us know and we can answer more questions!
 
And for those who have not heard our engagement story. The garden we are photographed in is actually the garden Souwan proposed to me in! 4 years later here we are!
 
1. Did you date much before you met your husband/wife?
S- No
L- No
2. Did online dating exist and would you have used it?
S- No I would not
L- it existed haha, no I would not
 
3. Where do you think is a great place to meet someone?
S- a grocery store
L- maybe a place of common interest, like a baseball game or coffee shop
 
4. What qualities would you tell single ladies/men to look for?
S- someone giving or humorous
L- humorous and a good cook
 
5. What dating advice would you give to your daughter?
S- Don't date. No, be selfish and don't settle for less than you deserve, love passionately and have fun
L- Make sure your friends and family like him and want to be around him
 
6. How did you meet and how old were you?
we both have the same answer. we met at school. I was 17 and Souwan was 18.
S- You were late to class
L- LOL so embarrassing
 
7. Did you play hard to get?
S- I did
L- No lol
 
8. Did you know he/she was the one right away? Did he/she know?
we both answered no
 
9. What qualities did your husband/wife love about you when you were first dating?
S- I thought she cooked, I was wrong, she played me. No seriously it was her heart
L- LOL His humor ( he is so funny)
 
10. Did you have a timeline for marriage in your mind before you got married?
we both answered no
 
11. Did you have to nudge your husband/wife toward marriage or did it happen on it's own?
we both answered no
 
12. How did your parents influence the kind of marriage you wanted?
S- make up after an argument, don't have jealousy
L- they let us be us, taught us to speak to each other with respect and value one another
 
13. What did you love most about your wedding?
S- seeing her walk down the aisle and the cake!
L- seeing him and saying our vows
 
14. What elements of your wedding didn't matter as much as you thought they would?
we both answered the table seating
L- it did not matter at all because everyone was up dancing and having fun
 
15. Is the first year of marriage really the hardest?
we both answered no, but it does help that we dated for 8 years before!
 
16. What advice would you give newly wed couples?
S- communicate, share, and know their love language
L- spend time together, continue to date, make sure you talk about money. Share all of your finances and be fully aware of your assets and expenses.
 
17. If you're religious how has your faith influenced your marriage?
we both believe it's our foundation and helps us grow together

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!