Skip to main content

Haylee's Halloween!

DSC_0192copy

We have arrived to busy season! Holidays, photo sessions, cooking, arts and crafts, shopping, parties and so much more! I am very excited this year. Haylee is a year old and she is growing so fast. This season with her is so much fun. We have been playing with leaves, eating pumpkin everything, and doing lots of art and craft projects.

We took Haylee to our church trunk or treat. (Trunk or treat is when kids go car to car with themed trunks and get candy) Haylee loved it! This was her first year trick/trunk or treating. She was not scared of the other costumes. Haylee was very curious. She was so excited to get candy. When she learned how to trick or treat, she wanted to keep circling the trunks to get more candy. LOL! She had her first lollipop among other various candy. Her favorite is the lollipop. Our sweet neighbor dropped off a whole gift bag of candy for Haylee too. She is spoiled. Haylee really liked the Halloween marsh mellows.

For Halloween Haylee was Minnie Mouse. The inspiration came from Disney store Instagram. I am a Disney fan and love all the Disney characters. Our trunk was decorated with Mickey Mouse décor. I didn't really get a photo of our trunk this year sorry! I hope Haylee will continue to wear Disney inspired costumes, but we will see. She changes her mind every 5 seconds.

Souwan and I both grew up with DIY costumes for the majority of our Halloween past. I remember making my own princess costume with the help of my mom. It was the best time for me to work creatively and spend time with my mom. I want to do the same with my Haylee bear. So I hope we can continue the tradition of making our costumes! So she isn't old enough to make costumes with us, however Souwan and I had fun designing and seeing this costume come together. Her shirt is Souwan's design. It says Ears on Fleek! lol! It is inspired from the Disney store design. I cut it close this year because I waited til the last minute to change details of the costume and well there's my full time job lol. The hard labor was worth it. I salute all the parents who create their little one's costumes. I saw a knitted ninja turtle costume at trunk or treat. OMG! Great Job on that one! Anyways, She looked pretty cute! I hope you enjoy our Halloween pics and some other fall activities around our home.



DSC_0649copy
DSC_0644copy
DSC_0659copy
DSC_0667copy
DSC_0671copy DSC_0682copy DSC_0693copy DSC_0697copy DSC_0709copy DSC_0714copy DSC_0720copy DSC_0721copy DSC_0723copy DSC_0724copy DSC_0738copy DSC_0197copy DSC_0196copy DSC_0193copy DSC_0192copy DSC_0184copy DSC_0170copy DSC_0141copy DSC_0118copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

makeup monday: blush shades

I'm wearing Maybelline Mineral Power in Rose I'm wearing Mark. blush from natural palette Blush colors: from left to right E.L.F in Coral Mark. Natural Palette Mark. Clutch on the go palette Maybelline dream bouncy blush in pink frosting Maybelline minerals power in rose Mark. Clutch on the go palette (2nd color) My many different blush color choices thru the seasons. I choose coral and neutral colors during the summer and when the fall/winter come I change to pinks and rose colors. My skin is a medium tone and rose/pink colors look best. If you are a lighter skin tone (like Emma Stone or Rachel McAdams) I would go with apricot to coral pink colors for a natural look. Hope you have a magnificent week! 

outfit of the day: bold blues

  what i wore: express (gift) blouse, thrifted skirt, payless heels, belk's pearl necklace and earrings   This look makes me feel lady like and business savy. I wore this look to the office. Who says your work wardrobe has to be dull? This outfit is office appropriate, but fun with the bold blue skirt. Get away from those gray and black colors. At the corporate office there are rules to your attire: the length of your skirt needs to be at your knee, no sandals, no tank tops or strapless, no leggings, no jeans/jeggings, no house shoes/tennis shoes/stilettos. With many more to list, I won't take up your day. You have got the idea i'm sure. =)   I just wanted to share this with any ladies who adore Lilly Pulitzer, they are having a sale and most items are 80% off! Great deal! www.lillypulitzer.com