Skip to main content

wedding wednesday: simple floral centerpieces

Hi Ya'll! It's a new month and a new wedding Wednesday! It's my favorite time!!! Today I'm showing ya'll simple floral centerpieces. It's weird because I just had a meeting with one of my brides where we talked about ideas for centerpieces. I think this is the perfect topic for wedding Wednesday! Also, I'm not a professional florist by any means. Florists do a wonderful job creating magnificent arrangements and are total artists!!!

Every bride has different budgets and where they choose to spend for their special day. Some brides splurge on centerpieces, but some brides may opt to splurge on photography. So, if you don't want to splurge on centerpieces and want something sweet and simple stick around!

These flowers are from my back yard! I love flowers! Having fresh florals all over the home is my favorite décor. However, you can go to the supermarket and pick up some fresh florals too! I had so much fun playing with these floral arrangements. It's weird but it's soothing to me to cut and arrange flowers.

Some things I think about when putting flowers together are colors, size, and volume. Don't worry, i'm not going to turn this into a math course!! However, when I put flowers together I think of my wardrobe or paint colors. This will give you an idea of what colors pair well together. (See how florists are artists?!!) For example, purple Lavender with yellow Gladiolus. So don't mix a crazy amount of colors together because that will drive your eyes crazy. Then look at size. If you like tall centerpieces, you'll want to get tall vases and keep the stems long rather cutting them down. You will also want to keep the flowers at a similar height as other flowers you mix in, but not all the same height. For volume, you will want to have fillers. Fillers will give your centerpiece volume if you want to spread your pretty blooms around. My favorite would be lily of the valley or baby's breath. If you don't have that in your backyard lol then you could cut some greens/branches or purchase it like I did below.

Enjoy my simple centerpieces I created all from my backyard!


20170617-DSC_0227 20170617-DSC_0223 20170617-DSC_0218

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!