Skip to main content

potato dumplings

For lunch the other day we made potato dumplings. It was my first time making these. Thanks to my friend Dina who gave me this to try. It's a german type of food. The name of it is so long and a tongue twister when trying to say it! Pfanni Teig für Kartoffel-Knödel halb & halb- whaaaaaa?? ^_^ Yes, Dina will have to help me pronounce this when she comes back to the US. {Which is soon?!} Since I have met Dina, she has introduced me to soo much great German food. I love it.

So I made these potato dumplings or what I call it- potato balls. They are this potato mix made into a ball and boiled. Pretty simple.

They make 12 dumplings/balls. Ingredients include potatoes, starch, salt, flovouring, glucono delta lacton, sodium hydrogen carbonate, wheat starch, onion powder, vegetable oil. It all comes in this box. Not exactly where to find it, because Dina had given this to me.



Instructions:

1. Mix the content of the pack into 750ml of cold water and let it soak for 10 minutes.

2. Moisturise your hands and form 12 dumplings.

3. Place the dumplings into plenty of boiling salty water and let them simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.

Leftovers are suitable for freezing.





Dina said we should eat it with pork. The potatoes with pork were very good! So if you try it, go for pork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!