Skip to main content

potato dumplings

For lunch the other day we made potato dumplings. It was my first time making these. Thanks to my friend Dina who gave me this to try. It's a german type of food. The name of it is so long and a tongue twister when trying to say it! Pfanni Teig für Kartoffel-Knödel halb & halb- whaaaaaa?? ^_^ Yes, Dina will have to help me pronounce this when she comes back to the US. {Which is soon?!} Since I have met Dina, she has introduced me to soo much great German food. I love it.

So I made these potato dumplings or what I call it- potato balls. They are this potato mix made into a ball and boiled. Pretty simple.

They make 12 dumplings/balls. Ingredients include potatoes, starch, salt, flovouring, glucono delta lacton, sodium hydrogen carbonate, wheat starch, onion powder, vegetable oil. It all comes in this box. Not exactly where to find it, because Dina had given this to me.



Instructions:

1. Mix the content of the pack into 750ml of cold water and let it soak for 10 minutes.

2. Moisturise your hands and form 12 dumplings.

3. Place the dumplings into plenty of boiling salty water and let them simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.

Leftovers are suitable for freezing.





Dina said we should eat it with pork. The potatoes with pork were very good! So if you try it, go for pork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

haylee marie at eight months

Did you see her newest accessory? Her new earrings are too cute and super stylish!!! Our baby girl is 8 months old! We didn't visit our doctor this month but she unofficially weighs 16 lbs. She is a healthy baby girl! She still has two teeth. She loves and is learning new things: check back other posts for other loves and dislikes from past months. She loves: feed herself follow our voices stand with the assistances playing peekaboo Peaches Baked ziti Chicken Alfredo Apples Broccoli Carrots Avocados Yogurt Mac & Cheese Playing the piano the swing at the park playing with chip bags & baby wipe packages board books/library She is learning : pull up to standing position from sitting painting playing outdoors feeling & picking up objects/toys walk holding on to furniture  She hates: naps her multi-vitamin car seat  getting dressed up  getting pictures taken being by her...

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

friday favorites

Hi All, I hope you all had a lovely week. My plans are to sit on this couch and watch The Dictator and Three Stooges this weekend. I'm already laughing! Happy weekend! Favorite Inspiration:   Favorite Look: I adore her cap toe flats and her striped shirt. The guys look pretty handsome too!   Favorite Recipe: I saw this on Pioneer Woman's show on Food Network. It looked so good! Go here for her recipe = pioneer woman Favorite Craft idea: Plaited bracelets. These look fun and stylish! Go here to see how to make them: click here . photo credits: tumblr and pinterest. Links also provided to original blogs.