Skip to main content

katana a japanese fusion restaurant

I have been wanting a good sushi place to enjoy since moving back home. In college my friends and I had so many lunches and dinners at Rusan's {a sushi place in Charlotte, NC}. The best sushi in Charlotte, NC!! Also it was very affordable for a broke college student. $1 sushi rolls! Can you beat that?! In my hometown they have opened a Japanese fusion place. The sushi bar is all that matters to me. This made me so happy. On Friday, Souwan and I tried it on opening weekend. The place was very packed with people. Maybe not a wise choice. After sitting at the sushi bar, we ordered Katana's chicken. Katana's chicken is like terriyaki chicken, but instead with Katana's sauce. They did have regular terriyaki too. We wanted to try something new. I thought the chicken had good flavor and it came out promptly.

Souwan and I also ordered sushi. The sushi rolls we tried: mango, kiddie {just cream cheese}, California, & Philly. The menu for sushi was very basic and not original. I was disappointed in that. The cook took longer than normal to prepare the sushi {compared to other places}. While eating the sushi, the cook brought out more to us. He informed us of an error making the sushi. To me there were no errors. Everything was delicious. The cook was very polite to bring more. We had a massive amount of sushi left and had to take it home.

Overall the food was great. I'm very happy to have a sushi place!! On a negative note the service was not as swift, but it WAS opening night - all is forgiven. Ha! I look forward to trying it again.


After dinner my mom, Souwan, and I went out for a late movie-Bridesmaids. I believed it would be like The Hangover, but it was not at all. The movie involved two girls who grew up together. One is getting married while the other is the Maid of Honor. The m.o.h is overwhelmed with duties and her life has hit rock bottom. On top of that, the m.o.h has another bridesmaid wanting to replace her at any cost- even drugging the m.o.h. All the bridesmaids are a trip and nuts. It is hysterical and a must see. We laughed non stop. Check out the trailer here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!