Skip to main content

Kiengkham's Korner: stand by me

DSC_0541 538 copy 539 copy 548 copy 561 copy 566 572 copy 577 1copy 580 copy 590 copy DSC_0595 601 copy

This weekend my husband and I visited with our college friends. We had an Asian themed potluck and spent the day at two local vineyards. The two vineyards were: Old Stone and Uwharrie. It's been 10 years of friendship. The most memorable time of my life. The best friends a girl would ever have! Some incredible moments happened with these people. God blessed me with them for my difficult and happy moments. They have seen Souwan and I from the beginning. The best friends who tolerated my tipsy antics. The interrupted dorm nights running amuck. The days we spent at school competitions. The nights studying endlessly. Ahem, "studying" nights that may have turned to nights on Myspace and AOL. If you were my professor, (and reading this) then we absolutely were not on Myspace! The nights celebrating and laughing perpetually. They are the friend's who know me, but still love me after 10 years.

angelcollage copy

After 10 years one of my best friends is moving away. It is a bitter sweet time. I am going to miss her! I'm not ready for this, but boy is she going to have a blast in Vegas!! Vegas is one of those cities you have to include an exclamation mark after. Ha! I was not ready to let her go after our hug on Sunday. It does makes me smile when I think back at our memories in college. She is my couponing, crafty, fashionista and bargain partner in life. And if you ever need a laugh, she can make that happen. I am eager to visit her in VEGAS! I look forward to the Eifel tower experience, roller coasters, Grand Canyon and all the shows! Have you been? What should we or she must see?! I'm starting a list right now!

image
My husband's boss sent me excellent fabric pieces. I am thrilled with the various pieces. The prints have my mind wheel turning perpetually of what I can make. I adore the lace, plaid and Carolina panther's print. It was so nice! Thank you for these!

image image
pic source: Ralph Lauren and Gracie Gold

As you may know, the Olympics are in play! It has taken over at the Kiengkham's home. Last night we stayed up later than usual to watch the luge and men's snowboarding half pipe events. Way to go USA! I watched the Opening Ceremony. My thoughts: Ralph Lauren is legendary, the war and peace ballet was romantic, and I adored the floating St Basil. I mainly watch the winter Olympics for the figure skating, but caught some snowboarding. Jamie Anderson is very talented and one to watch. The women's figure skating has not started. You still have time! I believe everyone will be watching Ashley Wagoner, however I adore Gracie Gold and Maia Shibutani. Good luck team USA! Go 'Merica!

Winter weather has hit the Carolinas. Everyone be safe! If ya make a snowman, send me photos =) ! I may have to work in these nasty conditions. Can someone lend me there 4 wheeler?!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!