Skip to main content

wore to work: polka dot thoughts

What I Wore to work: black marshall's dress, black rue 21 polka dot cardigan, yellow statement necklace was a gift, black rack room ankle boots
DSC_0504 DSC_0506
 
 
Today the Winter Olympics is trending around the world and if you live under a rock the winter Olympics starts today! This girl is excited (pointing my finger at myself)! My favorite sport (since I was 9) is figure skating. There are some fashionable dresses, beautiful figure skating and amazing talents. It takes real athletes to pull off those jumps and spins! The spins are quite beautiful. Look for the Layback spin with catch-foot and Biellmann spin! (pictured below) There are some challenging  lutzes and axel jumps in the programs too and quite the crowd pleaser. I look back and remember jumping around my room and practicing the spin positions. Sort of difficult on carpet! I would stay past my bedtime to watch the programs and sometimes go to school cranky. Especially the year Sasha Cohen took home silver! One year, it was a challenge for me to attend vacation Bible school because Michelle Kwan was skating. My aunt rewarded me by having it taped and watching it later.
 
Below are some of my all time favorite skaters. My favorite skaters at 9 was Kristi Yamaguchi and Nancy Kerrigan. I remember Kristi winning gold and still have a poster of her. My mom still had it hanging while I was in college. Now, it's at my home! Figure skating can have it's injuries too. I thought after Nancy was clubbed in the knee she would be out of the game.  After her attack on the ice, Nancy Kerrigan gracefully returned to skating to win silver.
 
I look forward to watching the skating this year. I think all eyes are on Ashley Wagoner. Thanks for taking this journey down memory lane with me!
iceskate
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

outfit of the day: classic vest

  what i wore: express button up, old navy vest, f21 jeans, gift boots.   Classic pieces stay for a lifetime. I have had this vest for a long time. Traditional yet in style. Not popular, but likable. A little bit of old fashion and tradition may not be popular, may go back "50 years" but this vest seems to never fade out of style for me.    

outfit of the day: outdoor fall look

    what i wore: gap long sleeve top, target jeggings and boots, belk's bag   I wore this to my cousin's birthday party. It was a lovely fall day, sunny and perfect cool weather for a game of corn hole. We also had lunch and drinks out on their patio. This outfit was great for the outdoor activities and a birthday gathering.     Thank you for reading. Have a lovely rest of the week!