Skip to main content

the kiengkham's korner: he passed!

PicMonkey Collage

image
image

This past month my husband has been studying for his profesh (professional) HR exam. (Professional Human Resources Exam) He spent every night and weekend at his desk studying while I have been cheering him on. We really stayed locked up in this house for a month. He finally took the test on Friday and I got the message while I was at work that he passed. I was so relieved, excited and proud of him! I finally can have my husband back and get back to normal life around here. I'm very blessed to be married to an ambitious man. Congratulations hunnie on passing your exam! His co-workers were so sweet to celebrate by decorating his desk with balloons. I asked how he wanted to celebrate this weekend, but he wanted to just chill and eat burger. So that's what we did.

631c474d9e366523757db5590eb9d8cf

The other day Souwan made me a turkey burger with aioli , and it was amazing! If you need a healthier burger choice, go for turkey. You will not regret it! So moist and delish.

photo

This week I got a text asking me for a family photo session. I'm pretty excited and nervous. I think this is going to be a great opportunity. I have been getting some great ideas for photos and have been experimenting more with my camera. I am learning a lot and I am excited for this session. I cannot wait to see how these photos will come out. I've done a photo session before and have taken photos for a launch party, and this will be one for the books! Stay posted, more to come on this later in the month.

phonecall

Speaking of phone calls, I was watching the news and there is a new phone scam. These people from Jamaica or Antigua will call you and it will ring one time and disconnect. When you call them back it will charge you between $19-$30. Not sure how that works, but I got a call on Friday from Antigua and it disconnected, but I had a hunch it was that scam they talked about on the news. So be careful and do not call back!

DSC_0491 DSC_0496 DSC_0497

We watched the Super Bowl this past Sunday. I love the Super Bowl, because of the food! Ha ha! Souwan and I went grocery shopping and I begged him for buffalo chicken dip. I blame my girlfriend for bringing that up!  I will admit to rooting for the Broncos. The broncos may have lost, but I still enjoyed the delicious food, glorious Bruno Mars halftime and the puppy/horse, full house commercials! I cannot forget (and cannot wait to see) Captain America and Spider Man. Oh joy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

outfit of the day: casual denim shorts and sperry's

what i wore: cynthia rowley tee, american eagle shorts, thrifted belt, juicy couture bracelet, belk's charm bracelet, old navy aviator shades, sperry's top-sider boat shoes. I wore this out for a few errands with the fiance. My car battery needed replacing, I have worn that thing out. Ex. leaving it on while taking naps during lunch. Don't do this ladies. Ha! This look is so comfy and definitely a repeat when I'm running around town.

makeup monday: blush shades

I'm wearing Maybelline Mineral Power in Rose I'm wearing Mark. blush from natural palette Blush colors: from left to right E.L.F in Coral Mark. Natural Palette Mark. Clutch on the go palette Maybelline dream bouncy blush in pink frosting Maybelline minerals power in rose Mark. Clutch on the go palette (2nd color) My many different blush color choices thru the seasons. I choose coral and neutral colors during the summer and when the fall/winter come I change to pinks and rose colors. My skin is a medium tone and rose/pink colors look best. If you are a lighter skin tone (like Emma Stone or Rachel McAdams) I would go with apricot to coral pink colors for a natural look. Hope you have a magnificent week! 

outfit of the day: bold blues

  what i wore: express (gift) blouse, thrifted skirt, payless heels, belk's pearl necklace and earrings   This look makes me feel lady like and business savy. I wore this look to the office. Who says your work wardrobe has to be dull? This outfit is office appropriate, but fun with the bold blue skirt. Get away from those gray and black colors. At the corporate office there are rules to your attire: the length of your skirt needs to be at your knee, no sandals, no tank tops or strapless, no leggings, no jeans/jeggings, no house shoes/tennis shoes/stilettos. With many more to list, I won't take up your day. You have got the idea i'm sure. =)   I just wanted to share this with any ladies who adore Lilly Pulitzer, they are having a sale and most items are 80% off! Great deal! www.lillypulitzer.com